Tuesday, November 10, 2009

colors

On a day to day basis, I’m willing to bet that most people don’t even think about the people who are serving our country, putting their lives on the line. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve taken my freedom for granted, and to be honest, I’m a little disgusted with myself. But it’s amazing how things change when someone you love is out there protecting your “rights.” This is in honor of Veterans Day.


Right hand on my heart, hat off my head, my mind just thinks of you,
Every time I see our stars, the red, the white, the blue.
I hope you’re well and staying strong, and most of all you’re safe.
I pray my prayers are helping you, and you’re leaning on your faith.
Thank you for your selflessness, and thanks for being brave.
Thanks for fighting for my cause, for the freedom that you save.
I hope you know I think of you, each and every day.
You may be half way ‘round the world, but in my thoughts you stay.
If there’s one thing you taught me, that I won’t do anymore,
Its taking you for granted, and what you’ve done at war.
Our debt’s to you, our Veterans, the living and the dead.
You’ve protected all our stars, the blue, the white, the red.
So every time you see our flag, and watch our colors fly.
Remember those who’ve served and fought, protected us and died.


DK, CF – I miss you. Come home safely

No comments: